Why Do Some Floor Coatings Fail Prematurely?September 15, 2020
Floor coatings deteriorate after some years, and this is completely normal and to be expected. However, if you have just recently applied your floor coating and it has already started looking foggy or scratched, you might want to have it checked. This could be a sign that your floor coating is failing prematurely. Below is a quick explanation of how this could happen and what you can do to prevent it.
Reasons for Premature Failure of Floor Coatings
Human error is almost always the reason behind a premature coating failure. That said, it is very important to hire an experienced and trustworthy contractor to do the installation. Otherwise, you might find yourself dealing with a company that aims to cut corners just so they can finish the job quickly and meet their or their client’s schedule. This kind of bad practice often results in the following scenarios, which ultimately causes the floor coating to fail prematurely.
- Using the wrong ratio when mixing coatings
- Applying mismatched coatings
- Applying a new layer of coating when the base layer hasn’t properly cured yet
- Applying coating despite inappropriate weather conditions
- These things can sometimes happen in garage renovations, so watch out and take note of how your contractor is doing their work.
Ways to Fix or Prevent Floor Coating Failure
Once you notice a foggy or scratchy quality on your floor coating, call a professional and have it redone right away. You can contact the same contractor who did the job, or you can hire a totally new one if you no longer trust the original contractor. If you choose the latter, make sure that you are hiring a reliable company that will carry out the job properly.
Innovative Spaces, Inc. is a local company that provides quality storage solutions for residential and commercial clients. You can also count on us to help you with a range of renovation needs, from custom garage cabinets to floor coatings. Call us at (574) 217-0469 or fill out our contact form to request a free consultation.
- How to Prevent Road Salt Damage to Your Garage Floor
- 4 Tips on Long-Term Storage for Clothing
- 4 Essentials to Ask Before Buying a Murphy Bed
- 4 Things You Should Avoid Storing in Your Garage
- Why Bare Concrete Garage Floors Are a Bad Idea
- What Kind of Pantry Should You Build for Your Kitchen?
- Why Do Some Floor Coatings Fail Prematurely?
- Custom Closets: Are They Worth It?
- Tips for a Non-Slip Garage Floor
- Mistakes to Avoid When Planning a Custom Closet