What Kind of Pantry Should You Build for Your Kitchen?October 2, 2020
Managing a kitchen isn’t the same as closet or garage organization. Oftentimes, you need adequate storage space where you can put all of your dry goods and groceries in an easily accessible and convenient place. This is where a pantry comes in handy. Most modern buildings have foregone the addition of pantries but its popularity has been increasing in recent years.
According to a survey by the National Association of Home Builders, pantries are among the top ten “most wanted” features many home buyers are looking for. So if you’re designing a perfect pantry to complement your newly remodeled kitchen, here are a few tips from our experts at Innovative Spaces, Inc. to help you get started.
Three Hallmarks of a Good Pantry
Adding the perfect pantry is different from simple closet renovations. A pantry must always have three important features: visibility, accessibility, and convenience.
- Visibility means that the pantry and its contents are easily seen when you open the door.
- Accessibility means that everything inside the pantry can be reached with ease, without needing to rummage through other items.
- A convenient pantry is one that is placed near where food preparation happens. This means your pantry doesn’t necessarily have to be inside your kitchen, as long as it is close by.
Types of Pantries
Your local garage remodeling and pantry addition contractor might discuss with you several ways to design a good pantry for your home. Here are a few of the best types of pantries you can consider.
- Reach-in pantries are perhaps the most used type of pantry there is. You can think of it as a built-in cabinet in your kitchen, although its storage space is much bigger than a traditional cabinet.
- Walk-in pantries function similarly to walk-in closets. These pantries offer the most storage and are best used for homes with plenty of floor space.
Build the ideal pantry for your needs with the help of our professionals at Innovative Spaces, Inc. Give us a call at (574) 217-0469 or fill out our contact form to schedule a design consultation and get a free quote on home remodeling projects today.
- Why Bare Concrete Garage Floors Are a Bad Idea
- What Kind of Pantry Should You Build for Your Kitchen?
- Why Do Some Floor Coatings Fail Prematurely?
- Custom Closets: Are They Worth It?
- Tips for a Non-Slip Garage Floor
- Mistakes to Avoid When Planning a Custom Closet
- Do’s and Don’ts of Organizing Your Garage
- Why You Should Add a Murphy Bed to Your Guest Room
- 4 Benefits of A Smart Custom Closet
- The Basics of Custom Pantry Planning